Whelen TAC8 Series Super-LED Traffic Advisor
The Whelen TAC8 Series Super-LED Traffic Advisor (TAC8) is a newly designed, economical Traffic Advisor built from the ground up with a newly designed control head and features a modular design. A new style of optics in front of 3 Super-LEDs provide highly effective light output intensity for each of eight front loaded modules. The control head features built-in On/Off, left arrow, right arrow, split arrow, low power, warning and auxillary functions. The 'Left', 'Right' and 'Split' functions can be programmed to display any of 9 available flash sequences. The Warning function can be programmed with 9 different warning flash patterns. The Auxiliary Out function when activated can provide +12VDC allowing the TAC8 to power an auxiliary device with a maximum peak current draw of no greater than 6.0 Amps. The Auxiliary Out function can be activated manually by pressing the 'A' button on the control head or by suppying +12 VDC to the Auxiliary In wire which overrides the 'A'button.
- Eight front-loaded Super-LED modules with 3 Super-LEDs each.
- Built-in On/Off, left arrow, right arrow, split arrow, low power, warning and auxillary functions.
- 9 available TA function flash sequences and 9 warning flash patterns.
- Hard-coated lenses minimize environmental damage from sand, sun, salt, and road chemicals.
- LED modules are sealed units (IP67 rated).
- Black powder coated aluminum extrusion housing.
- Extrusion design allows slide bolt mounting via top, rear, or bottom channel.
- Control head may be permanently or temporarily mounted by hook-and-loop tape.
- Control head features an auxiliary control for a device up to 6 Amps.
- Supplied with 15 feet, 30 feet, or 50 feet homerun cable
- Voltage: 12 VDC
- Current (TA): 0.2 Amps peak per module (1.6 amps with all 8 on)
- Current (Aux): 6 amps max
- Control Head Dimensions: 3.068' H x 5.868' W x 0.89' D
- Traffic Advisor Dimensions: 2' H x 2.64' D x 47-3/4' L
Whelen Five Year HDP Heavy-Duty Professional Warranty