Federal Signal 650 Remote Microphone-Controlled Siren - Wail-to-priority
This microphone controlled siren has a progressive 3-position push button control and a microprocessor based amplifier with plug and play connections. It has eight 10-amp light and aux relay positions, 100 watt output, and wail, priority, air horn, manual-and-hold tones. It is backed by a Federal Signal two year warranty.
Federal Signal's innovative 650 Series Remote Microphone-Controlled Siren allows for all sound and light functions to be enabled by rubberized push buttons located on the unit's compact and easy to use microphone control head. The advanced microprocessor based amplifier exemplifies Federal Signal's commitment to remain today’s unmatched leader in the field of siren technology.
All siren and light functions are located on the 650 series microphone. Ten rubberized push buttons control three progressive 'slide switch-like' positions, on/off, PA, Air Horn, Manual Peak-and-Hold, tone switching, and up to 30-amps of additional auxiliary power. The microphone controller 'snaps' into a small plastic remote junction box where PA volume and a secondary on-off switch are located, then runs directly to the 650 series amplifier. Both of these connections are plug-and-play via eight conductor telephone jacks. An innovative microphone holder that can rotate and pivot to almost any angle allows for a wide variety of installation possibilities.
The 650 series remote siren provides 100-watt speaker output and can operate from any 12-volt negative ground vehicle electrical system. It is short circuit protected and can be powered through an installed power distribution center (PDC), or directly from the vehicle's battery. Reliability and efficiency is maximized by the use of advanced microprocessor based technology. The 650 series amplifier comes equipped with eight 10 amp light or auxiliary relay connections, is horn ring control ready, and has it's own bracket mount to allow for quick and easy removal or replacement. Also provided is a 16.5 foot wire harness and all necessary hardware.
This is a Special Order item. Special order items are non-cancelable, non-returnable, and non-refundable. All sales for special order items are final.
- 650001 100-watt, microphone push-button controlled, full featured, wail/no wail tone activation, (8) 10-amp relay outputs
- 650003 100-watt, microphone push-button controlled, full featured, wail-to-priority tone activation, (8) 10-amp relay outputs
- Microphone controlled siren amplifier and light functions.
- Progressive 3-position “slide switch like” push button control.
- Backlit/rubberized microphone control head.
- Microprocessor based amplifier with plug-and-play connections.
- Eight 10-amp light and Aux relay positions.
- 100-watt output – Wail, Priority, Air Horn, Manual Peak-and-Hold tones.
- Versatile microphone and amplifier mounting brackets.
- Remote on/off switch box with built-in PA volume control.
- Horn ring transfer.
- Installs quickly and is easy to operate.
- Input Voltage: 11 VDC to 15 VDC
- Polarity: Negative Ground Only
- Operating Temp.: -30° to +65°C
- Standby Current: <0.22 amperes
- Approvals: Meets SAE J1849 requirements for sound output.
- Separating Current: (no lamps on) 8A (nominal) (13.6 V battery, 11 ohm load)
- Frequency Range 725 – 1550 Hz
- Amplifier 8.5' L (21.6 cm) x 5.5' W (13.9 cm) x 2' H (5.1 cm) (without base)
- Control Head 4.5' L (11.4 cm) x 2' W (5.1 cm) x 1' H (2.5 cm)
- Siren 6.5 lbs (3.0 kg)
- Control Head 0.5 lbs (0.25 kg)
Federal Signal Two Year Warranty